Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:44 am

All times are

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:30 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Pictures #001 - #007 are from the very same location. One cam is aimed West and the other is aimed North. All I'm wanting to do is broaden my FOV and to be able to get recordings of animals coming past from different angles. Example, the Bear was recorded on one cam but not the other and the visa versa with the Cougar as well.

-LOOKING WEST SET-
You may recall last year that I posted a pic of a Wolf pack, the day before we arrived.....................................................................................Pic. #001
Notice how much the landscape has changed from this picture to the following pictures.
The large tree in the background used to be standing further up the river and was the one that I almost bolted my cam to...............................Pics. #002 - #004

-LOOKING NORTH SET-
This is the very reason why I have two cams set up at this set. I want to be able to document activity in a 120 degree sweep of ........................Pics. #005 - #007
The Cougar has always taken this same route and only at night thus far while filming in this area.

And various pics from other nearby sets...................................................................................................................................Pics. # 008 - #010

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Array

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:45 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Outstanding batch of photos. I've often been tempted to put two cameras aimed in different directions as you've done here, but I've always been leery of losing two cameras at one time. This year, for the first time, one of mine was taken -- my own fault in part since it was within sight of a very lightly used dead-end trail (but well camouflaged) and I figured nobody would either go past or, if they did, not see it -- WRONG!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:30 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Supurb images and as always l am amzed at the number and diversity of game, we certainly missed out here when mother nature was distributing game species.
My usual question what cameras?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:48 pm 
Royal
Royal

Wicked cool! Looks like some pups in there

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:08 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Woody Meristem wrote:
Outstanding batch of photos. I've often been tempted to put two cameras aimed in different directions as you've done here, but I've always been leery of losing two cameras at one time. This year, for the first time, one of mine was taken -- my own fault in part since it was within sight of a very lightly used dead-end trail (but well camouflaged) and I figured nobody would either go past or, if they did, not see it -- WRONG!

Sorry to hear about the loss as it's my exact same feelings about doing this as well. In fact I'm going back up here in a day or two to alter this set a bit but I'm not quite sure how. I may end up removing the North facing cam and draw it back quite a bit and aim it North West. That will increase my FOV considerably as well. The added bonus is that I will see if anybody go nears the other cam.

Plain and simple, this set makes me too nervous as is.

UPDATE:
I have since gone back and separated the two cams and camouflaged the heck out of them now. That puts my mind at ease for sure. I also closed down the sets responsible for pics #005 - #010 and relocated them to other locals. The sandbar set now has a sweeping view and is now in direct line for that Cougar's preferred path.

Array

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:16 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Thanks guys, you're right Greengrass, there are 5 pups and the alpha pair in this pack.
Trev, the cams are as follows:
#001 ---------- S600
#002-#007 ----Browning screen shots
#008 -----------Nex3N w remote baby slave flash
#009 -----------Sony W300 w wireless slave flash
#010 -----------Browning screen shots

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:45 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

What a super location... to bad its a nerve racking spot due to theft. Great spot obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:19 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Very interesting. I face similar dilemmas

All times are