Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:09 pm

All times are



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ Array ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Satin Bower Bird
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:41 am 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:46 am
Posts: 686
Location: Australia
This bird builds a "bower" for courtship, where he "displays" to the female. A male attains his jet black plumage in his 7th or 8th year of life, sadly his last 2 or 3 years of life. Juvenile males look identical to the hen bird most green birds here would probably be males. Toward the end a large black males chases off the inferior green juvenile.
Unfortunately as per usual video quality is lost, via Vimeo.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Satin Bower Bird
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:45 am 
Online
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:44 am
Posts: 4215
Location: Indiana
Very cool video.

Blessings..........Pastorjim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

_________________
Religion is mans attempt to get to a god. Christianity is God's attempt to get to mankind


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Satin Bower Bird
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:02 am 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:33 am
Posts: 2265
Location: Northcentral PA
Great catch in that video. Hope he attracted a girlfriend.

_________________
http://forestandfield.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Satin Bower Bird
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:52 pm 
Offline
Royal
Royal

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:42 pm
Posts: 390
Location: New Hampshire (USA)
Cool! I need to learn to dance like that.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Satin Bower Bird
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:02 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:33 pm
Posts: 3317
Location: Magalia, California
Magnifica! Great behavior. That was fun. Have you offered him anything for his bower?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Satin Bower Bird
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:34 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:56 pm
Posts: 3147
Location: Central Saskatchewan, Canada
Neat capture ...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Satin Bower Bird
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:32 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:46 am
Posts: 686
Location: Australia
cameratrapcodger wrote:
Magnifica! Great behavior. That was fun. Have you offered him anything for his bower?


They are excellent theives taking only BLUE, the wife does not put blue coloured pegs on the clothes line, as they disappear. No need to give them any encouragement lol. I shall do a post with some stills of the bower, and the assortment of blue coloured objects.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Satin Bower Bird
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:37 pm 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:40 am
Posts: 1967
buckhuntertrailcam wrote:
cameratrapcodger wrote:
Magnifica! Great behavior. That was fun. Have you offered him anything for his bower?


They are excellent theives taking only BLUE, the wife does not put blue coloured pegs on the clothes line, as they disappear. No need to give them any encouragement lol. I shall do a post with some stills of the bower, and the assortment of blue coloured objects.

What a neat bird and very good set. I look forward to you posting those pics.

_________________
To greater appreciate an animal is to walk in its footsteps


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Satin Bower Bird
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:09 am 
Offline
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:46 am
Posts: 686
Location: Australia
westcocanuck2 wrote:
buckhuntertrailcam wrote:
cameratrapcodger wrote:
Magnifica! Great behavior. That was fun. Have you offered him anything for his bower?


They are excellent theives taking only BLUE, the wife does not put blue coloured pegs on the clothes line, as they disappear. No need to give them any encouragement lol. I shall do a post with some stills of the bower, and the assortment of blue coloured objects.

What a neat bird and very good set. I look forward to you posting those pics.


Here's the stills, no pegs, one blue plastic drinking straws, and one other unidentified blue coloured man made object and he also collected blue feathers from a Crimson Rosella.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Satin Bower Bird
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:59 pm 
Offline
Royal
Royal

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:42 pm
Posts: 390
Location: New Hampshire (USA)
That's pretty neat! I wonder if they are supposed to represent his feathers? Hope you post more footage if you get it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ Array ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are


Who is online

Array


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group