Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:36 pm

All times are

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:14 am 
Fledgling
Fledgling

Of course have cams set up. Saw this buck had shed early, likely due to the injury on his back. Once the second side dropped, I headed out looking. Found the first one and now hope to find the match! Matching them up isn't always easy!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:45 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Glad to see that you are still out there having fun. I can't really tell from your images (I am on holidays and looking at a phone). Is that wheat, corn, oats, what do you think is the best bait? I think I also see Lucerne (alfalfa)? I am in Australia and have tried all types of things on our sambar and they don't seem interested in anything including salt licks, grain, mineral licks. I will be interested in your findings and anyone else's.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:38 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

That’s awesome ... need to make time to go shed hunting. Don’t do it like I used to. Setting up hombrew sets takes up much of my time. I still find the odd one tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:12 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

buckhuntertrailcam wrote:
Glad to see that you are still out there having fun. I can't really tell from your images (I am on holidays and looking at a phone). Is that wheat, corn, oats, what do you think is the best bait? I think I also see Lucerne (alfalfa)? I am in Australia and have tried all types of things on our sambar and they don't seem interested in anything including salt licks, grain, mineral licks. I will be interested in your findings and anyone else's.

Shed hunting is my OBSESSION!!! What's on the ground is corn. I supplement it with mineral and an additive that helps with digestion and probiotics as corn isn't all that great for deer sometimes. You're right about the alfalfa too. makes the corn last longer as a handy side effect.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:23 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

ghosthunters wrote:
That’s awesome ... need to make time to go shed hunting. Don’t do it like I used to. Setting up hombrew sets takes up much of my time. I still find the odd one tho.

I certainly try and get out as much as possible each year. I tend to find 50-150 sheds per year and each and every one is a treasure to me!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:12 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

bigtrapper02 wrote:
ghosthunters wrote:

Your lucky over there in so far as your deer numbers are way higher than ours. Eventhough we have a reasonable number of deer on the fertile eastern seaboard where l live they are tend to venture way back into the wilderness in the Summer and cast their antlers if you find a couple a year you are doing well. On the upside our deer seasons never close.

I certainly try and get out as much as possible each year. I tend to find 50-150 sheds per year and each and every one is a treasure to me!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:20 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

I absolutely feel fortunate!

All times are