Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:08 pm

All times are

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:05 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

Pardon the potentially dumb question, but I don't have the guts to just try it first and see so I want to run this by some of you who've had a little more experience. I'm in the process of building a DXG125 unit w/ exchanger, amped mic and IR array. What I'm trying to figure out is if there is a way to only use 1 battery in the setup (12V SLA). Obviously (unfortunately) each component in the build runs off different voltages. The camera is 3.6V, exchanger is 5 V, control board is 4.5 volt (3 AAAs), array will be 6V or greater, mic is 9V. I've also got a number of obsolete 12 volt chargers (cell phone, spotlight, etc.) that are 12V input and lower output (i.e. cell phone is 3.7V). What I'm wondering is if I'd tear these chargers apart would it be possible to use each of them to regulate voltage to the various components (batt + >regulator high +>regulator low +>component +>component ->reg low ->reg high ->batt -)?

Or instead, I saw joebiodiesel's post on Hag's about using diodes (I believe) to regulate voltage to the exchanger. Would it be better to go this route instead?
Thanks.

All times are