Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:15 am

All times are

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:45 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

Hi, I am thinking to buy some new scouting cameras in order to get the best quality videos for day and night time. Can you help me with some suggestions, please?
Thank you very much!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:38 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Bushnell Aggressor 1920 x 1080 HD, has wicket clarity with its video. Browning Recon Force Advantage has 1920 x 1080 HD and can record at 60 fps or 30 fps. I have one in the field at present it will be interesting to see how it stacks up against the Aggressor. You can't go wrong with either. The only downside with commercial cams is they only have a year warranty and if they fail good luck trying to fix them.
If you want high quality and 5 years warranty, plus great quality and performance then you can't go past the American made Reconyx brand. Take a look at www.reconyx.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:04 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

I like the Browning Recon Force cameras, and have both the Platinum and Extreme versions -- can't see any difference between the videos they take. I have the Browning Special Ops and the Platinum version -- their daytime videos are as good as the Recon Forces' but the night videos aren't very good. My Browning Strike Force cameras produce good night videos, but the day videos leave something to be desired. I also have several Bushnell Trophy Cam Aggressors which produce good videos night and day, but their flash doesn't have the range of the Browning Recon Forces'. Since I purchased all my commercial cameras on sale as discontinued or discounted versions they all cost about the same and were 1/2 to 2/3 the price of the newest versions. The Brownings are a bit smaller than the Bushnells and seem to be better built; most researchers seem to like the Bushnells and they have a good reputation for reliability, but so do the Brownings. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:12 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

[quote="Woody Meristem"]I like the Browning Recon Force cameras, and have both the Platinum and Extreme versions -- can't see any difference between the videos they take. I have the Browning Special Ops and the Platinum version -- their daytime videos are as good as the Recon Forces' but the night videos aren't very good. My Browning Strike Force cameras produce good night videos, but the day videos leave something to be desired. I also have several Bushnell Trophy Cam Aggressors which produce good videos night and day, but their flash doesn't have the range of the Browning Recon Forces'. Since I purchased all my commercial cameras on sale as discontinued or discounted versions they all cost about the same and were 1/2 to 2/3 the price of the newest versions. The Brownings are a bit smaller than the Bushnells and seem to be better built; most researchers seem to like the Bushnells and they have a good reputation for reliability, but so do the Brownings. Hope this helps.[/quote]

Woody..any experience with the Browning recon force 4K ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:52 am 
Emperor
Emperor

The Radix Gen-600 has the best looking pictures out there. Video quality is exceptional. It is a low glow IR Camera. If you want whiteflash the new Spartan GoCam Whiteflash is a really nice cellular unit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:35 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Quote:
Woody..any experience with the Browning recon force 4K

No, all of my commercial cameras are older models -- pre-4K. Since almost all my camera locations have no cell phone service I don't anticipate ever buying a cell phone enabled camera, at least until those are the only ones manufactured.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:04 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

thanks to all... I was looking some videos (examples) in the internet. Probably I will buy a Browning Recon Force 4k Edge. We will see after tests. I have many cuddebacks E2 and E3 and some few bushnell Natureview scouting cameras. Cuddebacks are ok but not in video quality. Both are a little bit "old"... once more, thanks all for your suggestions!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:29 am 
Emperor
Emperor

CoBowhunter (aka David Neils) wrote here a few years ago that the Browning 4k was a big disappointment. He said the Recon Force Extreme gave better images. They all interpolate pixels to up the resolution, but its a gimmick. Look at the reviews in TrailCam Pro; they are excellent.

All times are