Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:24 am

All times are



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ Array ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:57 pm 
Offline
Gentoo
Gentoo
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 10:45 pm
Posts: 294
Location: British Columbia
Hello, Trying to put together my first wireless remote baby slave and a bit confused. I have a few of Jim's day/night switching boards sitting on the bench and my understanding is I need these for the build?

I'm unsure how the switching unit board to should connect to the slave. Is it as simple at 1.5v battery to the B + and - on the switching board and then connecting the SL + and - from the switching board directly the battery + and - on slave flash board?

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:02 pm 
Online
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:56 pm
Posts: 2432
Location: Central Saskatchewan, Canada
stone wrote:
Hello, Trying to put together my first wireless remote baby slave and a bit confused. I have a few of Jim's day/night switching boards sitting on the bench and my understanding is I need these for the build?

I'm unsure how the switching unit board to should connect to the slave. Is it as simple at 1.5v battery to the B + and - on the switching board and then connecting the SL + and - from the switching board directly the battery + and - on slave flash board?

Thanks


Hey Stone.... I did up this PDF... hope it helps yuh!


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:05 pm 
Offline
Gentoo
Gentoo
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 10:45 pm
Posts: 294
Location: British Columbia
ghosthunters wrote:
stone wrote:
Hello, Trying to put together my first wireless remote baby slave and a bit confused. I have a few of Jim's day/night switching boards sitting on the bench and my understanding is I need these for the build?

I'm unsure how the switching unit board to should connect to the slave. Is it as simple at 1.5v battery to the B + and - on the switching board and then connecting the SL + and - from the switching board directly the battery + and - on slave flash board?

Thanks


Hey Stone.... I did up this PDF... hope it helps yuh!


Ghosthunters, Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get my hands on that board before Jim closed. The boards I have are the older day/night switching units. I kinda think they are designed for 6v flash and might not work with the baby slave??? :tinkin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:36 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:45 pm
Posts: 4385
Location: Sussex County NJ
post up a pic of the day/night board, there might be a way to do it. You might just have to use two power sources.

_________________
Image trailcamkits.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:26 am 
Online
Emperor
Emperor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:56 pm
Posts: 2432
Location: Central Saskatchewan, Canada
I agree with Johnny ... there will be a way to do it. Someone will know


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:33 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:45 pm
Posts: 4385
Location: Sussex County NJ
It's probably very similar to connecting the babyslave to a 6 volt slave controller?

_________________
Image trailcamkits.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:41 pm 
Offline
Gentoo
Gentoo
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 10:45 pm
Posts: 294
Location: British Columbia
http://camtrapper.com/viewtopic.php?t=6840

Thanks for the help guys. The board I have is the one in this post from Jim.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:42 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:45 pm
Posts: 4385
Location: Sussex County NJ
Here's what I would do, I think it will work fine but if it doesn't you might be letting that magical smoke out of it. Hook up a six volt power supply like normal to the board to power in. Then take your 1.5 volt power supply for the bablyslave and connect the positive wire from that 1.5 volt supply directly to the bably slave flash unit. Take the negative from that 1.5 volt power supply and connect it in the same spot on the day/night control board that you connected the 6 volt negative to. Then on the connection from the day/night controller to the babyslave run the negative wire to the baby slave and NO wire from the positive output from the daynight controller to anywhere.



6 volt power supply connect to day/night control board as normal
1.5 volt power supply positive wire directly to babyslave flash unit and negative to day/night control board
Day/night control board only one negative wire to babyslave negative

_________________
Image trailcamkits.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:37 pm 
Offline
Gentoo
Gentoo
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 10:45 pm
Posts: 294
Location: British Columbia
johnnydeerhunter wrote:
Here's what I would do, I think it will work fine but if it doesn't you might be letting that magical smoke out of it. Hook up a six volt power supply like normal to the board to power in. Then take your 1.5 volt power supply for the bablyslave and connect the positive wire from that 1.5 volt supply directly to the bably slave flash unit. Take the negative from that 1.5 volt power supply and connect it in the same spot on the day/night control board that you connected the 6 volt negative to. Then on the connection from the day/night controller to the babyslave run the negative wire to the baby slave and NO wire from the positive output from the daynight controller to anywhere.



6 volt power supply connect to day/night control board as normal
1.5 volt power supply positive wire directly to babyslave flash unit and negative to day/night control board
Day/night control board only one negative wire to babyslave negative


Thanks JDH. I will give this a try.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:21 pm 
Offline
King
King

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:25 pm
Posts: 462
Location: SW Pa.
Dave....with the older day/night boards I used a 9v battery to power the day/night board,2AAs for receiver power,and 2 Dcells(parallel) for baby slave flash....also,don't remove the little neon bulb when hacking the slave
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ Array ] 

All times are


Who is online

Array


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group