Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:24 am

All times are

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:57 pm 
Gentoo
Gentoo

Hello, Trying to put together my first wireless remote baby slave and a bit confused. I have a few of Jim's day/night switching boards sitting on the bench and my understanding is I need these for the build?

I'm unsure how the switching unit board to should connect to the slave. Is it as simple at 1.5v battery to the B + and - on the switching board and then connecting the SL + and - from the switching board directly the battery + and - on slave flash board?

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:02 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

stone wrote:
Hello, Trying to put together my first wireless remote baby slave and a bit confused. I have a few of Jim's day/night switching boards sitting on the bench and my understanding is I need these for the build?

I'm unsure how the switching unit board to should connect to the slave. Is it as simple at 1.5v battery to the B + and - on the switching board and then connecting the SL + and - from the switching board directly the battery + and - on slave flash board?

Thanks

Hey Stone.... I did up this PDF... hope it helps yuh!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:05 pm 
Gentoo
Gentoo

ghosthunters wrote:
stone wrote:

Thanks

Hey Stone.... I did up this PDF... hope it helps yuh!

Ghosthunters, Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get my hands on that board before Jim closed. The boards I have are the older day/night switching units. I kinda think they are designed for 6v flash and might not work with the baby slave??? :tinkin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:36 am 

post up a pic of the day/night board, there might be a way to do it. You might just have to use two power sources.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:26 am 
Emperor
Emperor

I agree with Johnny ... there will be a way to do it. Someone will know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:33 am 

It's probably very similar to connecting the babyslave to a 6 volt slave controller?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:41 pm 
Gentoo
Gentoo

http://camtrapper.com/viewtopic.php?t=6840

Thanks for the help guys. The board I have is the one in this post from Jim.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:42 am 

Here's what I would do, I think it will work fine but if it doesn't you might be letting that magical smoke out of it. Hook up a six volt power supply like normal to the board to power in. Then take your 1.5 volt power supply for the bablyslave and connect the positive wire from that 1.5 volt supply directly to the bably slave flash unit. Take the negative from that 1.5 volt power supply and connect it in the same spot on the day/night control board that you connected the 6 volt negative to. Then on the connection from the day/night controller to the babyslave run the negative wire to the baby slave and NO wire from the positive output from the daynight controller to anywhere.

6 volt power supply connect to day/night control board as normal
1.5 volt power supply positive wire directly to babyslave flash unit and negative to day/night control board
Day/night control board only one negative wire to babyslave negative

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:37 pm 
Gentoo
Gentoo

johnnydeerhunter wrote:
Here's what I would do, I think it will work fine but if it doesn't you might be letting that magical smoke out of it. Hook up a six volt power supply like normal to the board to power in. Then take your 1.5 volt power supply for the bablyslave and connect the positive wire from that 1.5 volt supply directly to the bably slave flash unit. Take the negative from that 1.5 volt power supply and connect it in the same spot on the day/night control board that you connected the 6 volt negative to. Then on the connection from the day/night controller to the babyslave run the negative wire to the baby slave and NO wire from the positive output from the daynight controller to anywhere.

6 volt power supply connect to day/night control board as normal
1.5 volt power supply positive wire directly to babyslave flash unit and negative to day/night control board
Day/night control board only one negative wire to babyslave negative

Thanks JDH. I will give this a try.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:21 pm 
King
King

Dave....with the older day/night boards I used a 9v battery to power the day/night board,2AAs for receiver power,and 2 Dcells(parallel) for baby slave flash....also,don't remove the little neon bulb when hacking the slave

All times are