Emperor

:what?

Post subject: Re: A peek back in time
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:37 am 
Emperor
Emperor

westcocanuck2 wrote:
ghosthunters wrote:
Man things sure change ... I have never owned a commercial cam actually .. I am from a different the era I guess. Lol ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll feel really young if Chris chimes in on his first game camera :)

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:59 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Ok so while we are measuring the length of things (think about it). I remember before home brews or commercial cams were around the thing we had to tell if an animal had passed were a set of clocks that would stop when an animal pulled on the cotton which was stretched across the trail, thereby telling what time an animal had come by. After that we concluded that it would be great if we could actually film the animal, a friend & I went to an electronics store and purchased some parts whereby we made our first video camera the camera took a full size VHS tape. The setup was used successfully. The holy grail was to film a mature sambar stag that was accomplished. Later a commercial camera came on the market using a camera with 35mm film. I remember several times a wallaby standing in front of it and using all 36 shots costing around a dollar a shot. In the '80 the first digital cameras turned up, the homebrew digital camera using a pelican case and a driveway sensor was born.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:54 am 
Emperor
Emperor

buckhuntertrailcam wrote:
Ok so while we are measuring the length of things (think about it). I remember before home brews or commercial cams were around the thing we had to tell if an animal had passed were a set of clocks that would stop when an animal pulled on the cotton which was stretched across the trail, thereby telling what time an animal had come by. After that we concluded that it would be great if we could actually film the animal, a friend & I went to an electronics store and purchased some parts whereby we made our first video camera the camera took a full size VHS tape. The setup was used successfully. The holy grail was to film a mature sambar stag that was accomplished. Later a commercial camera came on the market using a camera with 35mm film. I remember several times a wallaby standing in front of it and using all 36 shots costing around a dollar a shot. In the '80 the first digital cameras turned up, the homebrew digital camera using a pelican case and a driveway sensor was born.
I would love to see some of those early pics. My first "game camera" also had no camera. Although it was completely electronic, you were supposed to mount it a certain height on the tree relative to the size of the game you wanted to capture. You would go back into the woods to check the numbers, 'cause that's all you got, and imagine it to be your target animal. Man, you make the bucks as big as you wanted them, or imagined them to be!! Later on I was able to purchase the 35mm film camera that went with it. After that I was completely hooked!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:02 am 
Emperor
Emperor

:what?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:19 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

I shall take a look at the link Gary and comment later

All times are