Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:34 am

All times are

Post subject: Fuji J10 Infrared Set
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:20 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

I was out today scouting around and I found a traditional licking branch busted up a bit along a field edge. I decided this is where I want to setup my J10_IR build and give it a good test. So...... I decided to 'help' things along so I tore-up the earth below the branch and added a little me-pee. I got a feeling a few bucks are going to get a little cranky over this mock scrape as the velvet peels & they shine up their headgear.... I mounted the cam up about 8 feet and directed it downward. Should be a good set well into early November. I'll keep you all posted with pics as I pull them. -Paul

Attachment:
J10_IR_setup.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:52 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Lookin forward to some pics from there...I just did the reprogram from you on one of my j10s and set it out on the boundary of the Porcupine wilderness on a ravine crossing area(flattens out for a bit there) - we had a monster buck out here last 2 years on the mine property(my boss sold to them) we were logging and he never got shot...figure he's gotta cross through there occasionally and figured the faster J10 was the way to go...gonna give it a total of 2.5-3 weeks soak and take a hike in again. That program sure did seem to speed it up so hopefully get a few of him, and the wolves to.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:29 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Working out according to plan so far... Look what showed up yesterday (Sept. 1st) all polished up. I usually don't check cards this soon after deployment, but I was in the area and I had that 'feeling' something might have paid a visit to this set. I'm sure there will be more to follow in the next several weeks. I know several of you have been curious about the IR pic quality from the J10. Here are 3 daytime examples from this set. As soon as I get some night time buck pics working this mock scrape I'll post them up too. This J10 IR is standalone, no slave flash, so we'll see how it performs.

Fuji J10 IR

Approaching the mock scrape.
Attachment:
J10_IR_mock1.jpg

Attachment:
J10_IR_mock2.jpg

Checking out the licking branch.
Attachment:
J10_IR_mock3.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:32 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Lookin good! - might have to reprogram a chip to the newest version and bring it with me when I check the one out in the boonies...also have a j10 here that the flash is a bit weaker than average for them so might do up an IR build with slave sometime this fall(if I can find/make the time).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:25 am 

Nice set and the pics look good

All times are