Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:13 am

All times are

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:22 am 

There's the spot...right close to the town where I live...had my eye on it for a few years, thinking it would be a awesome spot to cameratrap. It's 480 acres of creek bottom that borders my town...home to all kinds of wildlife...deer, coyotes, fox, hawks, a variety of waterfowl...and the occasional moose. Being so close to home I'd always seem to overlook it, and have my cams set out in my hunting areas primarily. Every day I drive past this spot I think to myself..."I gotta just go and do it"...go get permission, just for cameratrapping. The years went by and I kept roll'n past this spot...dreaming...until just a few weeks ago when I finally turned the wheel of my 4 runner and drove into the landowners driveway.

Although I've been here since 2005, and it's a fairly small town, I still don't know everyone, so this was my first time meeting this landowner. I brought a few business cards and a 2012 calendar of my cameratrap images with me as I walked to the front door. I proceeded to introduce myself and explained why I had dropped by....not a outdoorsman, but the landowner was instantly interested in what I was doing. I explained how I set the cameras up, what type of animals I try for etc and gave him a calendar. The meeting went extremely well and gave me full access whenever I want to cameratrap on his land! I initially was asking for just 1 quarter, but during our conversation he told me he also owned the two adjacent quarters and I can have full access to them as well!

Finding spare time lately has been pretty tough for me...but over the last couple weeks I've been able to get out there and set-up 1 waterfowl set (Panasonic FP8) and one predator set (Panasonic FX48)...and found several other opportunities out there for amazing sets!

I'm pretty excited about all this if you can't tell... :jumpy time to get a few more cams fixed up and out there!

I set this predator set up this past weekend. I found a spot where a couple converging game trails crosssed the creek at a narrow hummocky area. I have the cam set just below the bank at the base of a willow for cover. The trail goes right past the cam at about 1 yard...and I placed some freezer burnt deer meat and bacon grease in front of the cam for some added incentive.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:41 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Glad you was able to get access to that property.Looking forward to seeing some great pics from there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:55 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Very nice Jeremi.. Looking forward to some picts.

"Wilderness to the people of America is a spiritual necessity, an antidote to the high pressure of modern life, a means of regaining serenity and equilibrium."
- Sigurd Olson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:10 am 
Emperor
Emperor

It's always nice when you have a good spot close to home. Keeps everybody happy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:54 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Wow...this is going to be a productive and interesting set I'm betting. Way to go!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:55 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Jeremi, that looks like a neat stream....should be productive for sure...! Does that creek get any deeper? Look forward to some pics.

www.brucekekule.com
www.cameratrap.asia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:36 am 
King
King

Is that a commercial bracket setup? Can't wait till you get some pictures!

"Be patient! God isn't finished with me yet!"
Volunteer Amateur "Self Appointed" Covert Camera Promoter.
2 s600 JHD Cams
1 Bushnell 720HD (119466c)
4 2013 Covert Red 40
1 2011 Covert Reveal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:27 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Its always good to read a story like this -- sounds like your neighbor is an open-minded landowner. Good luck. It looks like a great place.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:07 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Good deal...looks like some prime territory, and good setup....looking forward to some pics.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:03 pm 

L. Bruce Kekule wrote:
Jeremi, that looks like a neat stream....should be productive for sure...! Does that creek get any deeper? Look forward to some pics.

Yeah...this was the shallowest spot, with the hummocks going right across, which is probably why it's used as a crossing. The rest of the creek is mostly about knee deep with succession of beaver ponds.

All times are