Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:15 pm

All times are

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:27 am 
Galapagos
Galapagos

Bruce,

AMAZING pics! I showed them to several of my friends and of course my family! We have only seen animals like this in Zoos, and in National Geographic Pics. My kids LOVED them and were amazed! Thank you for sharing!! I really like the Aluminum case Ida and my old boss is going to make me one or two for builds I am worried about theft. EXCELLENT pics cant wait to see more!!

I recently got my first pics of a deer with a homebrew, but the Unit needs a Slave flash, the standard flash is way too dim.

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:58 am 
Emperor
Emperor

hightechredneck wrote:
Bruce,

AMAZING pics! I showed them to several of my friends and of course my family! We have only seen animals like this in Zoos, and in National Geographic Pics. My kids LOVED them and were amazed! Thank you for sharing!! I really like the Aluminum case Ida and my old boss is going to make me one or two for builds I am worried about theft. EXCELLENT pics cant wait to see more!!

I recently got my first pics of a deer with a homebrew, but the Unit needs a Slave flash, the standard flash is way too dim.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I appreciate you spreading the word and showing my work and photos to others. It is an amazing place and there will be more to follow. My aluminum cases are tough to get into and being light weight and rust-proof, work extremely well in the sometimes wet conditions of a tropical forest. Plus they defeat elephants that can be destructive to things of interest. I once put up a cam with three 'Python' cables around this huge tree but no lag bolts. These giants managed to move the cam around the tree some 45 degrees and I have close-up shots of huge grey beasts until they got bored with it. One cable was completely trashed but the cam survived. However, the plus was I got a tiger shot before they moved it (attached). Nearby, a lone tusk-less bull elephant canted a Bushnell video cam and the rest of the clips were all crooked....no lag bolts again....oh well. Since then, all my cams are bolted in tight and no problems since.

Even some of my photos are weak in the flash but I prefer close-up shots where the S600s and W5/7s I use are adequate. A slave means a large cam and loads of batteries. However, it certainly will improve light for long-range shots if cam size is not an issue. But I like em' small, easier to hide...! Thanks again and I'm glad you liked the pics....Oh, I will do a post of some of my old stuff when I first started using digital camera traps.

Bruce
An Indochinese tiger in Huai Kha Khaeng. That's a growl as I also caught him on the
Bushnell video backing away from my cam after hearing the lens extend on the W7.

www.brucekekule.com
www.cameratrap.asia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:28 am 

Amazing stuff Bruce keep it comm'n!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:51 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Predator 1 wrote:
Amazing stuff Bruce keep it comm'n!

Predator,

Thanks, and I surely will be posting more as I get back to my cams. The biodiversity of HKK is simply amazing with both predator and prey species in abundance. Last week, I left both rotten fish heads and chicken bones at two different locations to see what scavengers are coming around. A black leopard has been seen close by and I'm hoping for some pics of this cat. Thanks again.

Bruce

www.brucekekule.com
www.cameratrap.asia

All times are