Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:20 am

All times are

Post subject: cameratrapcodger
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:44 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Anyone heard from Chris lately? I got an email from him last Saturday stating that they had to evacuate from their home because of the wildfire and he didn't know if their home would still be standing by the end of the day Sunday. I haven't had any further news from him and of course calls to his house phone can't be connected. I believe his wife's sister lost her home to the wildfire in their area. What a tragic situation for everyone affected by the wildfires in California. I hope Chris and his wife are alright. If anyone has any news about them please pass it along.

Post subject: Re: cameratrapcodger
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:31 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Hey Ralph, Chris replied to a post here yesterday viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12042 and replied to this post today viewtopic.php?f=113&t=12043

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:17 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Thanks Gary, I missed those posts.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:27 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Okay, guys -- I was intending to write, but here's the situation now. My wife and I, my older daughter and her family, and my sister in law all live on "the ridge" between Butte Creek Canyon and the Feather River Canyon (W branch). It includes the towns of Paradise and Magalia. We got the alert early Thursday morning, last week, but when I saw the black smoke and red glow boiling into the sky, heard the roar of the fire perhaps 12 miles away, and then heard a propane tank or gas tank explode -- I knew it was time to move. We took 4 days of clothes, my computer, legal papers, and the dog -- it took 7 hours to get to SF where we are staying with my nephew and sister in law. Shirlee's sister lost their house, but my daughter's place, and her husband's vet clinic still stand, as does our house. We have been lucky so far. My daughter says the city of Chico looks like a refugees' camp: tents in packing lots, people living out of cars, with all kinds of assistance trying to cope with demand, but a shortage of resources. Pacific Gas & Electric won't let us back in until power is restored. Butte County sheriff's staff and National Guard are arresting looters. 52,000 have been evacuated, +10,000 buildings destroyed, there are 100+ missing persons, and about 48 dead have been recovered. There are ten cadaver crews at work searching for human remains. Paradise is gone -- you've probably seen the footage on the news. Magalia, where we live, was largely skirted, and we were lucky. The problem is that the fire is only 35% contained. We're in a holding pattern, and will have some important decisions to make in the future. Our insurance has us covered as we wait, and Camtrapper.com is always a nice diversion.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:42 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Glad to hear from you Chris and I am glad you and your family are safe. Great news on your home and I pray it survives through this horrific ordeal. Please keep us posted as to the situation.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:20 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Nice to hear from you Chris and hearthat you and your family is safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:57 am 
Emperor
Emperor

At least there's some good news from the fire area.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:49 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Thank you for the update as a lot of us were thinking of you and your family. We can only pray that this nightmare ends soon for you and the people living in the affected areas.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:42 am 
Emperor
Emperor

I appreciate your thoughts, guys. The fire is 45% contained today. My neighbor who is off the grid accosted the PG&E today as they worked on the service to our house. He's our local Yosemite Sam. I'm hoping we can get back soon, but the air is really bad out here.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:19 am 
Emperor
Emperor

May god be with you and family....and so glad your house is still safe...I tried to call but no luck....anyway, stay safe my dear old friend...!

:old

cameratrapcodger wrote:
Okay, guys -- I was intending to write, but here's the situation now. My wife and I, my older daughter and her family, and my sister in law all live on "the ridge" between Butte Creek Canyon and the Feather River Canyon (W branch). It includes the towns of Paradise and Magalia. We got the alert early Thursday morning, last week, but when I saw the black smoke and red glow boiling into the sky, heard the roar of the fire perhaps 12 miles away, and then heard a propane tank or gas tank explode -- I knew it was time to move. We took 4 days of clothes, my computer, legal papers, and the dog -- it took 7 hours to get to SF where we are staying with my nephew and sister in law. Shirlee's sister lost their house, but my daughter's place, and her husband's vet clinic still stand, as does our house. We have been lucky so far. My daughter says the city of Chico looks like a refugees' camp: tents in packing lots, people living out of cars, with all kinds of assistance trying to cope with demand, but a shortage of resources. Pacific Gas & Electric won't let us back in until power is restored. Butte County sheriff's staff and National Guard are arresting looters. 52,000 have been evacuated, +10,000 buildings destroyed, there are 100+ missing persons, and about 48 dead have been recovered. There are ten cadaver crews at work searching for human remains. Paradise is gone -- you've probably seen the footage on the news. Magalia, where we live, was largely skirted, and we were lucky. The problem is that the fire is only 35% contained. We're in a holding pattern, and will have some important decisions to make in the future. Our insurance has us covered as we wait, and Camtrapper.com is always a nice diversion.

www.brucekekule.com
www.cameratrap.asia

All times are