Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:30 pm

All times are

Forum rules

Disclaimer: You are on your own. In no way am I, the moderators, or the forum responsible for anything relating to any listing posted here, or any transaction resulting from this section.

When your item is purchased, please edit it to "SOLD."

Sean

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:40 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

zaj56 wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Woody is right, things have really dropped off lately. The interest doesn't seem to be there now that the manufacturers have caught up to the homebrew quality. I quit building for a while and am looking to get back into it for a couple more builds. Ralph has a pretty cool build with the GoPro 's so I think I might try that route and build a couple of video units. I'd probably give you $80 for your lot plus shipping though if you'd take that. Sad to see the community drop off like it has but people move on to other things.

With the exception of IR videos...IMO..commercial cams still cant match homebrews for picture quality(especially night time) I think the main problem is that the homebrew purists are maxed out on their builds and there isn't many new builders getting interested. Part of the problem is that the homebrew cams can usually easily diagnosed and repaired...thus prolonging their lifespan(commercial cams are basically throwaways) What really sucks is that Ralph and Gary will not be able to stay in business with the lack of interest and once they are gone...homebrewing will be dead! Sad We have to find some way to support our suppliers!

I agree with Joe ... I will still be building as I still manage to sell a few here and there ... but it is slowing down. I don’t do much with cams in the summer as I am fishing all spring, summer and fall. I will get back at it early fall and start submitting pics and posts once again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All times are